Kalonji Oil: Wondrous Benefit of Black Seed
Wondrous Ways to Benefit from Black Seed or Kalonji Oil
For centuries, man has harnessed the bounties of nature for discovering secrets and substances which could cure human diseases. It is from the treasure trove of Mother Nature that Nigella seeds are produced. The spice, one of the oldest ones in the world grows naturally in the Mediterranean region and the Indian subcontinent and is acclaimed throughout the world for its medicinal properties and miraculous cures.
It is interesting to note that Nigella Seeds or Nigella Sativa Seeds were one of the few accompanying articles found in the tomb of Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun as early as 1332 B.C, besides being mentioned in some of the oldest religious and medical texts, including the Old Testament of The Bible and Hadith of Islam. It is, therefore, no wonder that they were thought to be worthy accompaniments in the ‘From Life here to Eternity’ by the Pharaoh.
The dainty black seeds possess the pungency of onion and subtle nuances of black pepper and oregano. Known to have a rich cultural impact, especially in the Middle East, Black Seed Oil is known by different names across the world – in old Latin, it is called as ‘Panacea’ meaning ‘cure all’ while in Arabic it is termed as ‘Habbah Sawda’ or ‘Habbat el Baraka’ translated as ‘Seeds of blessing’. In India, it is called Kalonji while in China it is referred to as Hak Jung Chou. Its oil is obtained by cold pressing the herb and has often been called “The Elixir Of Life” for its healing prowess and has earned itself the repute of “curing any disease except death.”
Black seed oil can be used for an infinite number of problems which are both common and rare in nature. The secret, however, lies in its usage. The oil has to be used in different ways in order to obtain the desired result. And we could explore so many.
- Black Seed Oil for Hair Loss. Make a paste of Black Seed Oil (10 grams), Olive Oil (30 grams), and Henna powder (30 grams) after heating. Cool it and apply it on the scalp once a week to grow a voluminous mane.
- Black Seed Oil for Diabetes Prevention and Management Brew is a decoction of black tea (1cup) and Kalonji oil (½tsp). It is suggested to take the mix in the morning and before going to bed. There is a favorable chance to have a better result within one month.
- Black Seed Oil for Acne Makes a concoction of sweet lime juice (1 cup) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). Apply the mixture on the face in the morning as well as at night to prevent and cure acne, blemishes, and any dark spots.
- Black Seed Oil for Improved Memory To increase brain power and concentration, one has to take mint leaves (10 grams), boil it with water and add ½ tsp of Kalonji oil. The elixir when taken for 20-25 days twice a day yields positive results.
- Black Seed Oil for Headache and Migraine To ease routine headaches and migraines, it is recommended to rub Black Seed Oil on the forehead and near the ears. ½ tsp of Kalonji oil can also be consumed twice a day to soothe headaches. 6. Black Seed Oil for Asthma Treatment To aid the treatment of asthma and respiratory problems, it is beneficial to consume a mixture of warm water (1 cup), Honey (1 tsp), and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) in the morning and evening.
- Black Seed Oil for a Healthy Heart When fused with a cup of goat milk, half a teaspoon of Black Seed Oil can help in maintaining a healthy heart and prevent heart attacks.
- Black Seed Oil for Joint Pain A mixture of Black Seed Oil (½ tsp), vinegar (1 cup), and Honey (2 tsp), when applied over the joints twice a day, relieves joint pain aids in the prevention of arthritis.
- Black Seed Oil for Eyesight Kalonji or Black Seed Oil is extremely beneficial for eye redness, cataract, and watering. A concoction of Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and carrot juice is helpful in case of eye diseases when taken twice a day.
- Black Seed Oil for Cancer Prevention Black Seed Oil when mixed with grapefruit juice helps in the prevention of intestine, blood, and throat cancer. The mixture is prepared with Kalonji oil (½ tsp) and grape juice (1 cup) and is recommended to be consumed thrice a day to yield positive results.
- Blood Seed Oil to Lower Blood Pressure Kalonji oil helps in lowering blood pressure when half of its teaspoon is mixed with hot tea and consumed twice a day.
- Black Seed Oil for Healthy Kidneys Black Seed Oil prevents stone formation in the kidneys. Coming half a teaspoon of the oil with a cup of warm water and honey twice a day works miracles in maintaining kidney health.
- Black Seed Oil for Tooth Strengthening Black Seed Oil is beneficial in maintaining oral health and combating dental issues like prematurely falling of teeth, gum swelling, and bleeding. For this, half a teaspoon of this oil has to be mixed with a cup of curd and used twice a day for better results.
- Black Seed Oil for Cough and Cold The mix of Kalonji oil (½ tsp), warm water (1 cup), and Honey (2 tsp) when consumed twice a day helps in the prevention of cough and cold. The mix is also a boon for those who are suffering from sinus. 15. Black Seed Oil for Weight Management Kalonji Oil is a blessing for the health conscious as it aids weight loss to a great extent, consuming its concoction with 2 teaspoonfuls of Honey and a glass of lukewarm water. This mix can be taken thrice a day.
- Black Seed Oil for Radiant Beauty When a mixture of Olive Oil and Kalonji Oil is prepared in equal proportions, and half a teaspoon of the concoction is consumed before breakfast, it makes the ideal route to glowing skin.
- Black Seed Oil for Acidity Acidity and gas formation can be prevented when the blend of ginger juice (1 tsp), Kalonji oil (½ tsp) is taken along with brine.
- Black Seed Oil for Treatment to Piles Piles, a common ailment in modern times, can be prevented by applying the mixture of vinegar (1 tsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) on the affected area thrice a day.
- Black Seed Oil for burning micturition Micturition is a common lifestyle ailment suffered by people whose kidney has to work hard during filtration. To combat the disease, it is suggested to make a mixture of milk (½litre), Kalonji oil (½ tsp), and Honey (1 tsp). Consume this mixture twice a day and continue for one week for the best results.
- Black Seed Oil for Stomachache Kalonji oil plays an important role in minimizing the impact of stomach aches. To relieve the pain, it is beneficial to take a salty mixture prepared by adding a teaspoon of Kalonji oil with half a glass of brine prepared with black salt. Drink the mixture thrice a day for best results.
- Black Seed Oil for Low Hearing After a short process of heating and cooling, and then putting mere two drops into the ear, Black Seed Oil aids the problem of low hearing, pus flow from ear other ear diseases.
- Black Seed Oil for Cracked Feet When the winters soak up all moisture from your feet leaving them dry, apply a mixture of sweet lime juice (1 glass) and Black Seed Oil (1/2 tsp) twice a day for best results.
- Black Seed Oil for Vomiting Brings the mixture of coriander (1 tsp) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp) to a boil. Once cool, use mint leaves before consumption. Take the concoction thrice a day to relieve nausea or vomiting.
- Black Seed Oil for Tumor Treatment Kalonji oil should be applied to the affected part to minimize the severity of the tumor.
- Black Seed Oil for Body Energy To revitalize the body, it is suggested to consume a mix of orange juice (1 glass) and Kalonji oil (½ tsp). This concoction when consumed on a routine basis, removes all signs of tiredness.